Asphalt Roofing Recycling Facility
As of 2014, Collis Roofing is one of the largest and highest rated roofing contractor in Florida and the 15th largest roofing contractor in the United States. Services include new construction and repairs for both residential and commercial applications as well as windows, doors, siding and more.
Collis Roofing, doing business as Florida Roofing Recyclers, required State of Florida permitting services for an approximately 4.5-acre (1.8 hectare) waste processing facility (WPF) for asphalt roofing shingle recycling in southern Orange County, Florida.
- Preparation of an Operations Plan;
- Performance of a topographic and boundary survey (one-foot contours extending 150 feet from the site boundary);
- Preparation of a detailed Engineering Report, including full recycling system and civil engineering design;
- Preparation of general technical requirements, including financial responsibility and cost estimates;
- Preparation of Air Pollution Source/Construction permit for Orange County, Florida;
- Preparation of a Reclamation and Closure Plan; and
- Preparation of permit application forms and submittal to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Orange County and Florida Department of Environmental Protection permit applications completed in two months and approved in four months.
- Project completed on time and under budget.