Contamination Assessment: Altamonte Hauling Facility
Progressive Waste Solutions is one of the largest full-service, vertically integrated environmental solutions companies in the industry. They employ more than 7,000 people who provide collection, recycling and landfill disposal solutions.
Failure of a diesel fuel dispenser liner during hydrostatic testing, coupled with the presence of free petroleum product in a transition sump, indicated that the potential for a petroleum discharge to soil and groundwater.
- Conduct soil field organic vapor testing (Rule 62-780.200, Florida Administrative Code).
- Collect confirmation soil samples for laboratory chemical analyses.
- Install temporary groundwater monitoring wells.
- Collect and chemically analyze groundwater samples.
- Prepare closure report.
- Petroleum contamination confirmed in soil and groundwater.
- Full Site Assessment performed (Rule 62-780.600, Florida Adminitrative Code).
- Remedial measures implemented to restore soil and groundwater quality