Former McCoy Navy Base
Bogey Boggy Creek 08, LLC is a site development company based in Orlando.
Client required the investigation of the closed former McCoy Naval Base Landfill for redevelopment as an industrial-use site. Project required approvals from U.S. Navy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and City of Orlando.
- Prepared due diligence report which detailed the evaluation of existing data to evaluate geotechnical and other development limitations based on existing site studies.
- Performed extensive geotechnical evaluation of landfill via Standard Penetration Test (SPT; ASTM D1586) borings, auger borings, geophysical surveys, test pits, and test trenches.
- Developed conceptual plan: prepared conceptual, industrial-development site plan taking into consideration geotechnical, wetland, existing contamination, and other limitations and restrictions.
- Prepared Comprehensive Plan amendment: develop an application to the City of Orlando for a Comp Plan amendment from the current public and recreational use to industrial on the future land use map (FLUM).
- Revised Health and Safety Plan for additional geotechnical exploration.
- Areas assumed to be landfill found to be absent of waste, significantly increasing developable area.
- Project greenlighted for development.