Golden Gem Road Class III Landfill LFG System
An odor study indicated a need for the design and construction of a landfill gas treatment system and odor monitoring at the landfill.
- Conducted a required regional odor study including the landfill and adjacent industrial sites.
- Measured hydrogen sulfide (H2S) gas concentrations to ppb levels over a 30-day period at 15 station locations.
- Developed a Landfill Gas Corrective Action Plan and Monitoring Plan.
- Designed a system of 20 passive landfill gas vents with solar-powered flares over a 40-acre area of the landfill.
- Currently providing ongoing monitoring of H2S at eight gas probe locations and ambient stations on site.
- Post-flare installation study indicated that the odor issue was adequately mitigated.