Limestone Mine and Cement Plant Permitting
In 2006, a state of the art cement facility was designed to meet the needs of the growing Florida market. American Cement Company’s Sumterville Plant was innovatively designed to be cost efficient and able to produce 1.2 million short tons of cement per year. With the use of cutting edge technology and the collective expertise of our employees, ACC produces a high quality product that is distributed throughout Florida.
Client required design and permitting for a $150M, 250-acre limestone mine, 50-acre portland cement plant site, and one-mile access road, on a site totaling 1,300 acres.
- Prepared and submitted a Sumter County Conditional Use and Operating Permit.
- Prepared and submitted a Water Use Permit (from Southwest Florida Water Management District [SWFWMD]) for mine dewatering operations.
- Prepared and submitted an Environmental Resource Permit (ERP) for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Supporting activities included groundwater flow modeling to demonstrate that nearby wetlands would not be significantly impacted by mine dewatering and cement manufacturing.
- All permits were obtained in less than one year.
- Project was completed ahead of schedule.