Orange County Florida Continuing Environmental Services Contract
Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes the city of Orlando and a dozen other incorporated municipalities. World famous attractions, the nation’s second largest convention center, and year round sunshine help make Central Florida a top business and vacation destination. Most Orange County Government offices are in downtown Orlando. Demographics include:
Population: 1,145,956 (90% urban, 10% rural; 2010 data).
Land area: 903 square miles (234,800 hectares).
Water area: 99 square miles (25,800 hectares).
Density: 1,269 people per square mile (5 people per hectare).
Through the evaluation of over 45 proposals submitted by regional environmental consulting firms, HSA Golden was selected to be the primary environmental services consultant for Orange County, Florida.
- Projects included Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, Contamination / Site Assessments, hazardous materials disposal, development of Remedial Action Plans, removal and replacement of pollutant storage tank systems, asbestos assessment, water quality testing, and other investigations as they relate to human health and the environment.
HSA Golden’s satisfactory performance of contractual obligations resulted in the extension of the initial one-year contract term for two additional years. Specific sites at which work was performed included:
- Orange County Regional History Center;
- 33rd Street (Orlando) Correctional Facility;
- Sheriff’s Shooting Range Complex;
- Kaley Street Administrative Complex; and
- Orange County Fire Stations 20, 28, 31, 34, and 72.