Orlando International Airport
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) is the governmental entity that operates Orlando International Airport (OIA) and Orlando Executive Airport in Orlando, Florida. GOAA is tasked with the operation, maintenance and administration of all public airports in Orange County, Florida, including any public airports which may be built in Orange County in the future.
Design and permitting to meet the changing needs of an expanding airport. HSA Golden staff member was selected as Senior Project Manager for multiple projects essential to the stormwater design, roadway, runway and taxiway design, and environmental permitting for the airport.
- Relocate major drainage control structures and primary conveyance systems originally designed by Army Corps of Engineers.
- Design drainage per FDOT standards for Heintzelman Boulevard, a two-mile, four-lane roadway supporting the South Terminal Complex and Fourth Runway.
- Design alignment and drainage of South Terminal Road, Fourth Runway Secure Road, and a portion of Cargo Road.
- Design and permitting for JetBlue Dormitory, Hangar, and Training Facility, including stormwater, parking, and construction administration.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) Advisory Circulars.
- Secure permitting of on-site borrow pits through South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE).
- Prepare Master Drainage Manual and Operations Manual.
- Project tasks completed on time and under budget.