Site Remediation: Former Kissimmee Livestock Market
Founded in 2001, First Capital Realty, Inc. is a commercial and residential real estate company.
Site redevelopment necessitated the assessment of arsenic within soil and groundwater released from former cattle dipping operations at a historic livestock operation.
- A grid network was established to facilitate collection of soil and groundwater samples.
- 44 soil samples were collected from 18 locations and tested for total arsenic.
- Three groundwater monitoring wells were constructed, and samples collected from each well were chemically analyzed for total arsenic.
- Arsenic impacts within soil were found to be limited to the immediate vicinity of the former cattle dipping vat location.
- Arsenic concentrations within groundwater were below regulatory limits.