SteelHouse Brownfield Site
Pollack Shores Real Estate Group creates value by acquiring, developing, managing and investing in multifamily communities across the Southeast. In addition, they raise and manage funds for direct investment in real estate. Founded in 2006, the privately-owned firm’s team has grown a portfolio of roughly $1 billion in assets.
Client required a Pre-Demolition Asbestos Survey prior to demolition activities in preparation for development of SteelHouse apartments in downtown Orlando.
- Conducted visual inspection of two residential structures, one commercial strip office center, and one church.
- Identified 41 homogeneous areas for sample collection.
- Collected 150 bulk samples and analyzed via Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM) in accordance with EPA OSHA published guidelines.
- After layer separation under microscopic examination, 231 individual sample layers were examined for asbestos fibers.
- Provided recommendations for asbestos abatement and demolition procedures.
- Roofing tar at the church, and vinyl-asbestos floor tile within one residential structure, were identified as NESHAP Category I non-friable ACMs and in good condition.
- Floor tile and associated mastic were also identified as Category I non-friable ACMs, but were in poor condition and had the potential to become friable under the forces of heavy demolition equipment.
- Wet demolition was recommended for ACM roofing material and floor tile in good condition.
- Abatement by a licensed asbestos abatement contractor, and ACM disposal at a Class I landfill prior to demolition, recommended for ACM floor tile in poor condition.