Counts Limerock Mine
Grove Scientific & Engineering Company is a Florida registered professional engineering firm located in the City of Orlando and in business at the same location since 1987. The company’s focus is environmental consulting, engineering and design to industry, institutions and government. Grove has provided professional services for city, county, state and federal government clients both as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor in support of continuing services contracts.
Grove Scientific & Engineering required a subconsultant to provide all necessary services to submit an Environmental Resource Permit (ERP) to FDEP Bureau of Mines and a Water Use Permit (WUP) to the St. John’s River Water Management District (SJRWMD).
- Research nearby mine permits for regional geologic and hydrogeologic conditions.
- Perform groundwater flow modeling to simulate mine dewatering.
- Prepare grading and drainage plans.
- Design mine dewatering system.
- Prepare Consumptive Use Permit (CUP) application.
- Prepare Environmental Resources Permit (ERP) application
- All permits were obtained in less than one year.