Reuters Recycling Demonstration Test
Waste Management Recycle America (WM Recycle America) is a long-term venture established by Waste Management 20 years ago which offers communities and businesses more effective and affordable recycling program options. Since then they have handled over 55 million tons of recyclable commodities. WM Recycle America currently operates nearly 100 recycling plants and provides marketing services for more than 140 locations in the U.S. and Canada.
WM Recycle America requested performance of a demonstration test to confirm the design parameters, production levels, and recycling product quality at one of the largest single-stream recyclable processing plants in the southeastern United States.
- Conduct demonstration test at facility.
- Total recycled materials processed during the test totaled 1,867 tons at an average of 41.6 tons per hour (tph).
- Total of 1,295 recyclable material bales shipped during the test (1,339 tons).
- Results showed that the Reuters plant processed 375 tons per day (44 tph), exceeding performance standards.
- Prepared Demonstration Test Report.
- Successfully completed the demonstration test in four days.
- Demonstration Test Report approved by Broward County, Florida.
- Improved performance of the Reuters plant and complied with the WMRA-Broward County, Florida contract.